Universal Background Screening - Preferred Partner
About Universal Background Screening
Universal Background Screening is one of the nation's premier background screening companies, focused on screening and providing criminal history for the healthcare industry, Primary Source verifications, driving records, drug screening, and OccuHealth services for thousands of organizations nationwide.
Universal is one of only a few screening firms fully accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) and has been recognized as a top screening firm for “Quality of Service” and “Client Satisfaction” by HRO Today and Workforce Magazine's Hot List for nine consecutive years. Universal prides itself on its compliance, dedicated customer service, industry-leading turnaround time, technology solutions, and accurate information reporting. Universal is known to help reduce hiring risk by following state and federal compliant procedures in delivering accurate information while always completing each report with urgency.
Universal has been a HealthcareSource Preferred Integration Partner since 2006, which provides you:
Waiving of set-up fees
Excellent customer service
Fast turnaround time
Compliance webinars each year
Universal understands your need for fast turnaround time and always proceeds with urgency to complete reports as quickly as possible so your candidates can make their orientation dates and start on time! The integration is very quick to set up and will provide a paperless process that is user-friendly to both your requestors and candidates!
It is also important to know that since criminal courts use a candidate’s first and last names as the primary identifier to pull records, Universal conducts a fuzzy (Boolean) logic process to review and uncover candidate first-name variations, only providing the courts the first few letters of a candidate’s first name, to cast a wider safety net in catching first name variations (e.g., Mike versus Michael, Kate versus Katherine), when available. This provides a reduced-risk approach and helps catch a candidate conducting a crime under their first name variation, which helps protect our clients more than most screening firms. Universal also provides as many attempts as are needed to successfully complete each Employment and Education Primary Source verification. Our verifications are Joint Commission compliant and have high detail within the report for supporting any audit by a health system or organization’s regulatory agency.
- Criminal Background Screening (wide range — state, county, federal, national, civil, repositories)
- National Sex Offender Registry
- OFAC (Terrorist Watch List)
- Healthcare Sanctions Searches (OIG/SAM/FACIS/SanctionScan)
- Death Master Index
- Motor Vehicle Report
- Primary Source Employment Verification
- Primary Source Education Verification
- Primary Source Professional License Verification
- Reference Verification
- Abuse Registries
- State-Specific Healthcare searches
- Employment Credit
- International Criminal and Verifications (200 countries)
- Drug Testing (DOT/Non-DOT)
- OccuHealth Services
- Healthcare Compliance Webinars
- State and Federal Compliant Forms
- E-Form Process (2nd pass to collect information and provide disclosure/authorization forms within the integration)
- Electronic Signature of Disclosure/Authorization