• Answers phone, intercom, relays messages, and greets visitors politely.
• Transcribes and communications physician orders accurately and notifies appropriate personnel of orders according to the unit standards.
• Maintains patient and unit records as well as maintaining unit specific logs and records.
• Requisitions and maintains office supplies for the unit according to appropriate levels for the area.
• Performs other duties as requested.
This is part-time position. Must have medical terminology
Shift will be either 6a-4:30p or 2p-11:30p-Must be able to work either shift
Must be willing to rotate weekends and holidays
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Previous hospital clerical experience is highly preferred.
• Ability to read and communicate orally and in writing.
• Ability to adjust communication style and content in accordance with the person''s age and level of understanding.
• Ability to mult-task.