Description: THIS IS RN POSITION
Directs work to improve department performance and customer satisfaction.
Performs medication reconciliation and completes all related documentation.
- Identifies patients correctly using two (2) patient identifiers in accordance with hospital policy and procedure.
- Ensures integrity and accuracy of information gathered and entered into the electronic system.
- Obtains a current medication list from patient to include the following information for each item: name, dose, route, frequency, and last dose taken.
- Obtains information regarding herbals, vitamins, birth control, sleep aids, laxatives, and over-the-counter medications taken by patient on a daily or routine basis; requests the reason for which these items are taken.
- Provides information to the primary Registered Nurse caring for the patient related to compliance with prescribed medication.
- Initiates telephone calls to family, nursing home, pharmacy, primary care provider, and mail away pharmacies to obtain a complete and accurate list of medications; communicates incomplete information to the ordering or admitting health care provider.
- Maintains competency of medication names and reasons for use.
- Calls physician to obtain medication orders and reconcile medications.
- Sends completed medication reconciliation physician order form to pharmacy on admission
- PRN evening shifts 11:00a.m.-11:30 p.m.
Performs patient admissions/discharges and completes all forms.
Communicates effectively with patient, families, staff, physicians.
Performs and documents patient/family teaching based on identified educational needs.
Valid state of Ohio RN license
One year recent hospital experience
Knowledge of the various developmental stages of the human life cycle.
Skills in nursing, problem solving, critical thinking, decision making, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication.
Ability to collaborate effectively with all members of the health-care team including patients and families.