Bachelor's Degree Required
Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
All team members are expected to be knowledgeable and compliant with Palmetto Health-USC Medical Group's values of compassion, dignity, excellence, integrity, and teamwork.
Job Summary: This job manages a division of the physician practice network. Manager responsibilities include planning, staffing and directing the activities of practice and/or department. Duties include patient care, budget, billing and collections, compliance and planning. Acts as a liaison between physician, staff, and administration.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Healthcare or Business Administration preferred.
Experience: Five to ten years of progressive management experience in a physician office setting required. Previous leadership experience and/or experience working in cardiology preferred.
Number and Type of Team Members Supervised: Ten to fourteen management level employees.
Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: Current South Carolina Licensure as Registered Nurse. BLS required.
Special Training: None
· Assists the Administrative Director in management of human resources by determining qualifications and selecting qualified employees working with office management to set appropriate goals, monitoring managers' progress toward achieving goals and resolving disciplinary issues.
· Assists the Administrative Director in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for specialty or primary care to include current and new practice locations, expansion of services within current practice, consolidation of services within the PHUSC Medical Group and other initiatives as identified by the organization's strategic goals.
· Assists the Administrative Director with coordination and provision of orientation and continuing education for office staff employed in respective departments.
· Provides on-site support to physicians and managers relative to operational processes.
· Provides oversight as needed in the event that a practice management position is uncovered.
· Assists in special projects as designated by the Administrative Director.
· Assists the Administrative Director in management of the department budgets to ensure the practice meets financial performance.
· Serves as a designee to the Department Chair in the absence of the Administrative Director and serves as liaison between the Administrative Director and departments.
· Provides direct supervision of management at assigned locations.