Palmetto Health-USC Medical Group Core Values All team members are expected to be knowledgeable and compliant with the Palmetto Health-USC Medical Group's core values of Service, Excellence, Professionalism, Partnership, Integrity, Accountability, and Transparency.
Job Summary: Ensures patients have been cleared for specialty service office visits. Resolves pre-certification, registration and case-related concerns prior to a patient's appointments. Gathers pertinent information to assist in minimizing the patient's financial obligation for services provided.
Education: High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred
Experience: Related office experience
Number and Type of Employees Supervised:None
Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: Certificate in Phlebotomy preferred
Special Training: Computer and typing skills. Infection control transmission based precautions knowledge. Excellent communication and customer service skills required. Must be able to work cooperatively within department and with employees from other departments. Must be able to lift 50+ pounds. Experience with phlebotomy desired.
· Ensure that the highest level of service is met at all times to our patients, visitors and staff.
· Assist with implementation and monitoring of staffing plans.
·Correctly schedules diagnostic procedures, exams and special procedures in a timely manner and following guidelines required by specific insurance type.
·Accurately documents referrals made, referrals received, and procedures followed on appropriate forms.
· Accurately informs nursing staff, physician and ancillary departments of patient status.
·Correctly schedules multiple procedures and treatments for assigned area according to policies and procedures.
· Maintains current knowledge of processes required by multiple insurance companies.
· Adequately orders, stores and maintains supplies
· Clinical duties as assigned