It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|CLINICAL COORD. - REHAB SERVICES|
|Facility:||Dillon Living Center|
|Schedule:||Part Time - 40 to 72 hrs a p.p.|
Ray E. Dillon Living Center
· The Rehab & Restorative Services Coordinator will lead, develop, and provide a resident-specific rehabilitation and restorative service program to promote the highest level of functioning for our residents. She/he assumes the leadership role, responsibility and accountability for the therapy department and works in cooperation with other team members to exceed expectation for every resident, every time, in every interaction so each resident will know they are loved First, Best, and Most.
· Provide leadership for the development and implementation of rehabilitation/restorative programs and specific practices in relation to therapy and nursing departments.
· Assist in marketing the rehabilitation and restorative department programs.
· Directs and instructs Certified Restorative Aide in all resident restorative programs
· Assist Don with developing, implementing, and evaluating the restorative nursing program.
· Participates in the QA/QI committee and offers recommendations for improvement of resident services.
· Participates in the MDS/Care Plan process. Takes responsibility for the documentation of rehabilitation/restorative services and ensures that high standards of documentation are maintained following regulatory guidelines and adhering to facility policies and procedures.
· Works closely with resident/family members/DPOA and educates/teaches skilled/restorative progress to specific resident goals. Evaluate resident progress and re-assess and alter treatment programs as necessary.
· Advice and support interdisciplinary team to develop clinical reasoning skills to work with residents in complex/sensitive situations, enabling them to adapt to the physical, psychological, and emotional impact of their diseases.
· Provide in-service programs to facility staff within professional discipline knowledge.
· Provide leadership and guidance regarding Medicare Skilled Part A and Part B programs following and teaching federal and state regulatory guidelines.
· Regularly monitor RUG minutes and works with other therapy disciplines in problem solving resident therapy goals and needs.
· Provide consultation to nursing service in the area of activities of daily living and use of adaptive equipment for reinforcement and maintenance of resident skills.
· Accurately and regularly document pertinent information regarding the therapy treatment programs and documents the need for the skilled service.
· Attends all mandatory in-services or makes arrangements to watch video of in-service.
· Willingly performs other task as may be assigned.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills Required:
· Knowledge of all therapy disciplines and understanding of their scope of practice.
· Knowledge of federal and state regulatory guidelines regarding long term care.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
· Associate degree in physical therapy from an accredited college.
· Experience working with Medicare Part A and Part B.
· Experience working with the elderly and frail.
Licensure, Certification, Registration, etc., Required:
· Current Kansas license as a CPTA.
· Certifications from various rehabilitation/restorative programs.