It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Nurse Assistant - Float Pool|
|Facility:||Providence Medical Center|
|Schedule:||Full Time - Non-exempt|
Nurse Assistants and Patient Care Technicians are committed to improving the health of the individuals and communities we serve, especially those who are poor or vulnerable, supporting our mission by performing nursing interventions as delegated by the Registered Nurse and within their performance expectations as determined by the Kansas Nurse Practice Act and national, regional, and local standards. These interventions support the patient’s individualized plan of care and may include but are not limited to data collection; performance of or assistance with activities of daily living such as hygiene, nutrition, and elimination; and technical skills targeted at maintenance of skin integrity and physical function.
Minimum Education, Licensure, Certification and Experience Required.
Education & Experience:
· Completion of a formal nursing assistant course or training program, OR one (1) year experience as a nurse assistant in an acute care hospital, OR have an active certification as a Certified Nurse Aide by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
· A minimum of one (1) year experience with last six (6) months experience in an acute care hospital setting in which basic nursing assistant skills are performed (i.e. measurement of vital signs, patient hygiene, patient feeding, etc.) is required.
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification by the American Heart Association
Basic computer skills.
· Ability to utilize critical thinking skills to identify and prioritize problems and opportunities and analytical skills to effect problem resolution appropriate to the position.
· Technical skills appropriate to the position.
· Ability to communicate pertinent data and information to the RN in a timely manner.
· Effective time management skills.
· Exceptional customer service skills to meet and, whenever possible, exceed patient & family needs and expectations.
One (1) year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Current Certified Nursing Assistant in the State of