REID-Food and Nutrition Services
• Provides consultation to physicians and other staff members.
• Reviews medical chart to assess needs and determine patient's nutritional plan of care.
• Interview patients and/or caretakers to obtain information regarding food habits. Identifies barriers to learning such as cognitive limitations and language barriers.
• Obtains pertinent patient data necessary to recommend, prescribe, or modify therapeutic diets as needed to meet the nutritional needs of the patients.
• Performs nutritional assessments to determine nutrition diagnosis and intervention utilizing the Nutrition Care Process (NCP) and Nutrition Focused Physical Exam. Monitors and evaluates outcomes and adjusts intervention if warranted.
• Provides medical nutrition therapy utilizing age appropriate techniques, accurately calculating calorie, protein, and fluid needs.
• Makes appropriate recommendations in the management of enteral/parenteral nutrition and follows hospital protocols in place for critical care nutrition.
• Coordinates need for patient nutritional supplements using NCP and physician approved facility protocols.
• Collaborates with other hospital services to plan and implement patient care and nutritional education.
• Instructs patients on proper use of diet at home as ordered by physician.
• Assists with community and outpatient programs as needed.
•8:00 am to 4:30 pm, rotating Saturday coverage along with Sunday on-call coverage every fourth weekend. Rotating on-call coverage for holidays.
$5,000 Sign on bonus with a 2 year agreement.
• Bachelor's or advanced degree from accredited institution with majors in food, nutrition, or food service administration.
• Must be a registered dietitian in accordance with CDR or be dietitian registry eligible.
• If dietitian registry eligible, the employee must obtain their RD credential within their introductory period.
• Successful experience in hospital dietetics preferred.
Reid is committed to providing quality service. We take pride in having employees who genuinely care about people and who are inspired by a desire to help others. Reid's goal is to select individuals who will provide outstanding care and uphold Reid's C.A.R.E. principles of Courtesy, Attitude, Respect and Enthusiasm at all times.