Mental Health Workers at the Brattleboro Retreat help meet the needs of children, adolescents and adults who have been hospitalized for mental health and addiction issues. For example, Mental Health Workers will:
- provide direct supervision and patient support
- engage patients in therapeutic activities
- organize and run group programs.
May be required to perform duties of lesser, equal or greater responsibility.
1. Bachelor's degree in a human service related field with an emphasis on behavioral sciences OR high school diploma and preferably 2 years (minimum1 year) related experience, preferably in a psychiatric setting.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills to relate effectively with co-workers and all members of the treatment team.
3. Must have valid driver's license without any record of motor vehicle violations or convictions limiting driving privileges. (See Human Resource Employment Policy for further details.)