Assumes Charge Nurse responsibilities for a given shift.
Utilizes the nursing process to assess, implement and evaluate patient/family care.
Provides nursing care (including the administration of medication) to meet patients' needs.
Demonstrates knowledge of specimen collection, storage and delivery criteria for toxicology testing.
Participates in the development and maintenance of a safe and therapeutic milieu in assigned care area.
Adheres to and implements organizational and departmental policies and procedures as they pertain to work area.
Demonstrates the ability to intervene in crisis situations:
· Assess the milieu, targets potential crisis situations and intervenes in a calm, supportive manner.
· Utilizes appropriate degree of verbal intervention, which contributes to crisis resolution.
· Demonstrates ability to physically intervene in crisis utilizing appropriate techniques.
· May lead a show of support, directing others in their roles.
· Appropriately documents the crisis situation
Performs Constant Observations, 1:1's, and other Safety checks or other forms of patient safety procedures as assigned.
Participates in the development and implementation of the multidisciplinary plan of care for assigned patients.
Shares information appropriately with member of the multidisciplinary team and other hospital department representatives through verbal reports and written documentation.
Identifies the need for and participates in the delivery of education to patients and families.
Participates in Performance Improvement activities within assigned area.
Completes assigned work within the given shift.