Certification Required or Eligible
Riverside Wellness & Fitness Center is seeking an Aquatics Manager to join our team in our Newport News location!
Job Summary: Works under the supervision of the Director, RWFC. Organizes, directs, coordinates, staffs and controls the entire range of activities so as to accomplish the goals and objectives of the department. Hire, train, and supervise lifeguards, instructors and coaches. Offer a variety of programs to all age groups to maximize the use of pool space.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor's degree in physical education or related field is preferred.
- Red Cross CPR/AED certification for Professional Rescuers is required.
- Red Cross Certified Lifeguard is required.
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor is required.
- Pool Operators certification is required such as Public Pool Operator Certification, Pool Operator Certification or National Pool Operator Certification.
- Lifeguard Instructor, Lifeguard Instructor Trainer and/or Water Safety Instructor Trainer certification is preferred.
- Minimum of at least 4 years of experience as a lifeguard, swim coach and/or instructor is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of pool management experience is preferred.