RN Required or Eligible
Riverside Regional Medical Center is seeking a Director of Medical/Surgical Nursing.
Job Summary: Responsible for integration of the nursing process to include, coordination/management of patient care and the organizing, planning, directing, and evaluating of services provided with a core focus on facility and associated departments. Provides leadership, direction and mentorship/support to the staffing needs for the designated specialty area(s). As a Clinical Expert, ensures the provision of clinically competent services by validating staff competency in the provision of a comprehensive range of services/care in accordance with standards of excellence, age-specific and cultural sensitivity established by Riverside Health System and facility goals and strategic plans. Responsible for patient safety, patient quality and customer service metrics and outcomes in all respective areas.Responsible for maintaining knowledge and requirements related to our Pathways to Excellence Designation. This position oversees 4 nurse managers and the following units: 3 Annex (Med/Surg), 4 Annex (Med/Surg), 2 North (General Surgery), 2P West (Orthopedics/Neuro), Inpatient Oncology, and OICU.
More about Riverside Regional Medical Center: A 450-bed facility, Riverside Regional Medical Center is the Virginia Peninsula's most comprehensive medical facility combining the most recent computerized medical technology with a healing environment.
- Comprehensive Stroke Center accredited by DNV GL Health Care.
- Pathway to Excellence hospital designation by American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Level II Trauma Center.
Education: BSN is required (for clinical nursing). MSN (for clinical nursing) or masters in healthcare related field is preferred. Certifications preferred (i.e. CMSRN).
Licensure: Requires current and valid RN licensure with eligibility in Virginia.
- Progressive leadership experience which provided opportunities to develop skills in medical-surgical nursing, and/or in application of administrative principles.
- Concentrated experience in medical surgical nursing is desirable.
- Strongly prefer at least 5 years of previous healthcare leadership experience.