Riverside Health System in Newport News, Virginia is seeking a Chief Clinical Operations Officer (CCOO). This position will have a broad span of accountabilities to include operations, service line and clinical leadership and accountable care strategies.
The CCOO will provide guidance in building integrated care platforms across all Riverside service offerings, while working closely with the Chief Nursing Officer in areas of quality, safety and patient experience (the Riverside Care Difference).
Additionally, the CCOO will identify strategies to guide Riverside's efforts in ACO and managed care development to include such areas as Medicare Shared Savings, bundle and value based offerings and the managed care efforts with commercial and government payers..
The CCOO will also oversee the post-graduate physician education programs for RHS and will be a critical part of ongoing medical education efforts for all providers. This individual will help to develop future physician leaders for the System.
RHS consists of five acute care hospitals, a rehabilitation hospital, a long-term acute care hospital, a behavioral medicine hospital, four PACE centers for the elderly, nine long-term care facilities, two wellness centers and the region's leading home care and hospice organization. The Riverside Medical Group includes more than 550 specialists, primary care providers and advanced practice providers.
Education and Experience
· MD or DO credential from an accredited medical school.
· Completion of an accredited residency with current board certification.
· Additional management education with a graduate degree in an applicable field required.
· Licensed or able to gain licensure in Virginia and an active DEA number.
· Progressive leadership experience.
· Advanced certification as a physician executive preferred.
· Ideally, this individual would continue in clinical practice a half-day per week, potentially in a teaching environment.