Graduation from Approved/Accredited Nursing School
TN RN License
Experience is preferred
Regional One Health is currently seeking Registered Nurses for our TRAUMA ICU!
Located in Memphis, Tennessee, this level 1 trauma center is one of the busiest trauma centers in the country and cares for some of the most traumatic and challenging cases, often high profile and high risk. The facility also features a leading burn center, high risk OB/GYN services, surgery center, outpatient center, and rehab hospital.Moderate Sedation, Intubated patients (ICU overflow), Trach patients, chest tubes, wound vacs.
Computerized Charting (Soarian Clinicals), Omnicell Medication and Supply Systems, Bladder Scanner, EKG machine, Baxter Pumps, Feeding Pumps.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an approved nursing school/program. Qualified by education, training or experience to work with the adolescent, adult and/or geriatric patient population as specialty assignment dictates.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in patient care as obtained through completion of an approved nursing program.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION: Registered Nurse licensure to work in state of TN. Current CPR/BLS certifications required. ACLS and Trauma Nursing course required within one (1) year of hire. Critical Care Course required with six (6) months of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability and willingness to apply nursing knowledge and skills and maintain clinical competency as required in the Trauma Intensive Care Unit.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work within a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to apply nursing knowledge and skills and maintain clinical competency as required in assigned unit.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of applicable equipment; mature judgment and initiative required; is able to work without direct supervision; shows professional interest through self-development, continuing education, and involvement in professional organizations; presents a positive attitude and professional appearance.
- Ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to react and perform under stress in emergency situations.
- Ability to effectively record and reflect observations.
- Ability to plan and organize work for self and others.
- Ability to exercise analytical judgment on work to be done.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Prolonged standing and walking; lifting, turning patients and equipment; repeated bending, squatting and stooping; exposure to infectious agents. Visual acuity is needed to assess color changes, to verify accuracy of written materials, and to administer and accurately prepare medications. Heavy Work - Exerting up to 150 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 75 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 30 pounds of force constantly to move objects. (May be further defined as "with or without assistance.")