Ambulatory Care Coordinator - Patient Medical
JOB SUMMARY AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: As a part of the Care Team, responsible for identifying and facilitating "Gaps in Care" (GIC) services for patients in need of enhanced Care Coordination services. Also responsible for assisting the Care Team with the tracking and coordination of timely, high quality and efficient health care and support services as identified through a multi-disciplinary care plan, self-management goals and referrals to both internal and external resources. Provides administrative support by performing appointment outreach, facilitating referrals, updating patient information in medical records and assisting with data collection, aggregation and analysis activities.
EDUCATION: Associate's Degree (AD) in health related field, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) and a minimum of 12 months experience in health care setting
EXPERIENCE: Twelve (12) months experience working with patients or in a medical practice. Prior experience with Care Coordination/Care Management in a medical setting, managing competing priorities, medical terminology, bi-lingual skills, public speaking, group training and project coordination desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Beginner to intermediate proficiency in operating a PC
· Microsoft applications: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Teamwork orientation
· Able to take and follow through with delegated tasks and accountability
· Resourcefulness in problem solving
· Proven data analysis skills
· Proven organizational skills
· Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service and strong cultural competency
· Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality guidelines
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION: AD, LPN or CMA licensure to work in the state of Tennessee. CPR/BLS certification required.
· Frequent walking, driving and sitting
· Speaking, hearing and visual acuity is needed
· Local travel is required
· Occasional out-of-town travel may be required