Graduate of an AMA approved program in Ultrasound.
Registered by American Registered Radiology Technology
Experience is preferred
Regional One Health is currently seeking a full-time Diagnostic Sonographer to work in our Inpatient and Outpatient areas.
**** Up to $10,000 Retention BONUS!!****
JOB SUMMARY AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Performs ultrasonic diagnostic procedures and studies for patients as requested by physician. Performs various technical procedures utilizing independent judgment. Provides on-call and callback coverage as required.
- Reviews patient's medical record prior to each ultrasound examination to obtain and record identifying information required for the procedure and patient records.
Demonstrates knowledge and skills and maintains competencies required to provide care appropriate to age of the patients served within department.
- Assesses and selects proper techniques for a given patient study and circumstance.
- Informs and explains examination purposes and procedures to the patient prior to commencement of testing in a caring, compassionate and sensitive manner.
MACHINES OR EQUIPMENT OPERATED: All ultrasound equipment, film processor, computer terminal, printer, bar code reader.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an AMA approved program in Ultrasound. Qualified by education, training or experience to work with the neonate, adolescent, adult and/or geriatric patient population as specialty assignment dictates.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in patient care as obtained through completion of an Ultrasound/Medical Sonographer Program.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION: ARDMS (American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography) registered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Exhibits knowledge of technical skills required to implement radiographic imaging as demonstrated through practices, diagnostic ultrasonic procedures/testing and recognizing abnormal and technically inadequate results.
- Knowledge and understanding of cross sectional anatomy, pathological processes, ultrasound physics and practical applications of those principles required.
- Demonstrated skills to perform a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment and initiative of a technical level not requiring constant supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment in evaluating ultrasound scans and must have duplicate skills and experience in general diagnostic radiography.
- Demonstrated ability to receive and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to plan and organize work and carry out daily schedule through individual or cooperative effort.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively/ professionally with hospital staff, patients, family, visitors, and physicians under routine and stressful situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Exposure to infectious agents. Subject to electrical and radiant energy hazard; Lifting and positioning of patients, supplies and equipment; prolonged walking, standing and bending; Heavy Work - Exerting up to 150 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 75 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 30 pounds of force constantly to move objects. (May be further defined as "with or without assistance").