Bachelors degree is preferred
5+ years experience is required
Regional One Health is currently seeking a Senior Database Administrator (DBA).
JOB SUMMARY AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Lead database expert responsible for production and non-production database administration, monitoring and support, troubleshoot performance problems, recommend areas of improvement, perform data migration, create and lead projects, create and document database related standards and procedures, have excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills, self-motivated under minimum supervision. Provide on-call support; work on other projects and tasks assigned.
Responsible for the implementation, documentation, support training, and maintenance of the In-House application database environment. Oversees assigned projects and systems with respect to Information Technology.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics/Statistics or other closely related field. Master's Degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Six (6) years of experience performing database administration tasks. Must have three (4) years of experience in a lead database administration capacity coordinating day-to-day activities, assigning tasks/projects and monitoring operations. Experience in appropriate application programming, programming languages and analysis procedures within healthcare is strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Senior level ability to perform database installation, tuning and optimization, monitoring, back-up/restore, D/R & business continuity, and clustering and trend/growth analysis is required.
- Senior level database administration skills in SQL server (required) and Oracle (a plus).
- Senior level experience in data migration, PL/SQL or T-SQL programming.
- Knowledge of production support, case tracking/escalation tools.
- Ability to evaluate, recommend and deploy tools that pro-actively identify issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience interfacing with various applications, management information systems, data structures, systems analysis and design, and programming languages.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also required.
- Ability to perform complex, detailed design and analytical tasks and ability to organize and implement work assignments independently of direct supervision
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems, provide guidance and instruction to customers, write clearly and concisely, interact with customers of varying levels of expertise as well as the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience organizing and coordinating multiple projects with ability to multitask and prioritize high priority projects simultaneously.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Speaking, hearing, and visual acuity.