Regional One Health is home to the nation's most gifted and sought-after medical professionals. We are currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant for night shift (& some days) in our Emergency Department (Trauma and Medicine).
Job Summary: Provide patient care, under direct supervision of a physician, including assessing, diagnosing, and treating acute and chronic health problems. May order appropriate diagnostic test, interpret results, perform history and physicals, evaluate patients for response to therapy with the attending physician and provide follow-up as designated in the protocol. Have knowledge of coding and billing parameters that govern provision of patient care by Nurse Practitioners within the State of Tennessee. Ensure that regulatory documents and other forms are completed in accordance with institutional guidelines.
Scope Practice Job Duties:
· Physician supervised patient care
· Gather history and physicals
· Wound incision and drainage, arthrocentesis
· Patient satisfaction
· Regulation compliance
· Administer medication and start IV's
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities, Education and /or Experience:
- Active Tennessee License / Certification as Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant required (must include Certification and prescriptive authority).
- PALS and ACLS Certification
- 2 years experience as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Preferred
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Knowledge of FDA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An interest in teaching is preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Constant walking, standing; lifting and positioning patients/equipment; exposure to infectious agents. Visual acuity is needed to access color changes. Heavy Work - Exerting up to 150 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 75 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 30 pounds of force constantly to move objects. (May be further defined as "with or without assistance.")