JOB SUMMARY AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Assists in the administration of the hospital's employee/labor relations function to include assistance to management in Employee Relations and Labor Relations matters, to address concerns, explain hospital policies and procedures, and mediate differences between employees and supervisors. Promotes direct communication and positive rapport among employees and supervisors. Monitors utilization of corrective actions to address job performance and other behavioral issues. Ensures compliance with organizational, state, federal and local regulatory employment related laws, standards and practices.
EDUCATION: Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration, Business Management or a related area. Professional Certification preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five (5) years' experience performing related Employee Relations activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to exhibit strong organizational and interpersonal skills, which are necessary to support successful hospital-wide employee relations
- Ability to exhibit successful interaction at all levels dealing with people, problems, issues and sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Knowledge of HR functions and processes
- Extensive knowledge of Employee Relation matters related to negotiations and conflict resolution with and between individuals and groups of people, including, management, union representatives and staff employees.
- Ability to exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high attention and commitment to detail.
- Ability to work both cooperatively and independently in a fast paced, ever changing high priority environment required.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and prepare complex written materials such as position papers, contracts, professional service agreements, claims reporting and business plans.