1) Responsible for assigning job duties for all ambulance personnel according to the needs of the department and the preparation and competence of available staff.
2) Responsible for ambulance service work schedule and on call schedule.
3) Responsible for ensuring that all ambulance service employees understand and adhere to all hospital policies.
4) Responsible for completing the department payroll according to hospital policy.
5) Responsible for all standards set forth by the EMS section of the Department of Health to ensure that ambulance service requirements are met.
6) Works as staff paramedic.
7) Must assume responsibility for following established protocols for pre-hospital care.
8) Responsible for obtaining necessary information to complete medical records, charge sheets, and encounter forms on ambulance patients.
9) Maintains good working relationships with EMT's, nursing staff and medical staff.
10) Coordinates orientation and field training of new personnel.