This position is responsible for the financial decision support and revenue assurance functions of the health system. The position will support the strategic planning process, evaluate new business opportunities, identify opportunities to improve operating performance, and provide analytical support for the transformation to value based reimbursement. This position is supervised by the CFO.
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent experience. In addition, a minor degree in information systems and a Master's degree in business are preferred.
2. Proficiency level typically attained with 7 to 10 years of experience in healthcare financial management or analysis work.
Financial Decision Support
1. Lead the decision support team to implement business intelligence best practices.
2. Maintain an accurate cost accounting system.
3. Maintain an accurate and comprehensive payer contract modeling system.
4. Prepare routine and ad hoc service line performance reports.
5. Support analytical needs of the strategic planning process.
6. Identify margin improvement opportunities in the revenue cycle and operations.
7. Lead interdisciplinary teams in the evaluation of new businesses and other strategic opportunities.
8. Provide analytical support for the transition to value based reimbursement.