The Forbush School at Anne Arundel in Millersville, MD and The Forbush School at Prince George's in Lanham, MD are looking to hire a Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) to join our team of providers in a full time nonpublic special education school environment, to work 3 days in Anne Arundel County and 2 days in Prince George's County.
The Forbush School at Anne Arundel in Millersville, MD AND The Forbush School at Prince George's in Lanham, MD are year round special education, certificate programs. We provide educational services to students ages 5 to 21 with autism spectrum disorder, pervasive developmental disorder, and other related disorders.
As a Speech Language Pathologist, you will:
· Be responsible for providing speech and language services to the students referred or identified as in need of such services.
· Screen and evaluate school students for possible speech and language deficits, provide individual and group speech and language therapy.
· Work closely with treatment teams of students receiving services and assist in providing speech-language programs for staff development.
· Meet with parents, school representatives, and others as needed and keeps abreast of developments in the fields of speech pathology and special education.
· Current licensure as a speech-language pathologist by the Maryland State Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (or must obtain license by time of hire).
· Experience working with children/adolescents with autism who are low functioning, non-verbal and have severe emotional/behavioral issues preferred.
· Qualified applicants will be provided with training in Nonviolent Crisis Intervention, CPR, First Aid, Trauma Informed Care, Suicide Prevention, Positive Behavior Supports, and Functional Behavior Assessments and Behavior Intervention Plans.