Sheppard Pratt at Ellicott City is an inpatient psychiatric facility in Howard County serving adults and adolescents. Prior to its affiliation with Sheppard Pratt in July 2002, the hospital operated as Taylor Manor.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 4 shifts per month, no more than four shifts per week
- Perform a variety of housekeeping duties: observe and report broken or damaged furnishings and equipment; maintain equipment and supplies
- Depending on specific assignment, may communicate with patients/clients based on specific training regarding the patient/client population
- Attend departmental meetings and training sessions and may be responsible for delivering, setting up, or breaking down chairs for meetings
- Must demonstrate ability to read, write, and speak English well enough to follow simple verbal and written instructions
- Previous work experience in a housekeeping role strongly preferred; experience stripping, buffing, shampooing floors and extracting carpet strongly preferred
- Work requires significant walking to complete errands throughout the building and grounds and performing activities such as reaching, standing, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, and lifting objects up to 20 lbs.