Our Young Adult Unit is a 14-bed unit that serves adult patients ages 18 to 30 who suffer from one or more psychiatric disorders. Our experienced staff has the capability to treat a wide range of psychiatric disorders, including, but not limited to: bipolar disorder, depression, and first-break psychosis.
As a Milieu Officer you will:
- Provide a security presence on assigned inpatient unit(s) in an effort to assure the safety and security of patients, staff, volunteers, and visitors and the protection of the Hospital, grounds and property.
- Participate as a member of the treatment team to support patients' treatment plans.
- Lead or assist staff in response to patient aggression by following Hospital policies and procedures.
- Complete and maintain required documentation on a timely basis.
- High school diploma and 2+ years of clinical experience in a behavioral healthcare setting.
- Must demonstrate strong interposal skills to work with a wide range of patients, staff, and visitors.
- Work requires a continuously high level of alertness in the milieu and ability to physically intervene in medical and behavioral emergencies, transport patients, and lift patients (up to 50% of work time). Work requires exposure to risk of physical injury by assaultive patients (30-50% of work time).
- Work requires standing and walking approximately 80% of work time.