Summary: In this role, you are required to have the general knowledge of people with developmental disabilities and mental illness. Direct Support Workers oversee the daily activities to achieve individuals' stated goals, support clients in daily care of home including housekeeping and maintenance, assist in meal preparation, and assist in client community outings.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in facilitation of member activity as assigned.
- Assist with medication monitoring and money management planning according to policy.
- Assist with arranging and providing transportation.
- Transport, accompany and participate in member's appointments as needed.
- Promote and ensure the health safety and security, organization, and home-like atmosphere of the residential environments of designated residents.
- Be eligible to obtain certification as Medication Tech.
- Promote effective relationships among members, families and service providers and provide information as appropriate regarding mental illness and Way Station services.
- Possession of a high school diploma or GED.
- Positively referenced relevant work, student or volunteer experience.
- Must have valid driver's license and safe driving record. (License cannot be provisional).
- Possession or use of a four passenger car to be used to transport Way Station clients.
- Must be covered under an active auto insurance policy and a valid copy of auto insurance is required prior to hire.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as part of a set & consistent work schedule.
Working Conditions: Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs. or more.