The Forbush School at Anne Arundel South is an 11-month, non-public Type II special education program located in Ruth Parker Eason Special School Millersville, Maryland. We provide special education and related services to children and adolescents ages five to 21 with developmental disabilities, primarily autism disorder and intellectual disabilities. Our students may also have developmental delays in one or more areas, severe behavioral problems, multiple learning problems, and/or other related disorders.
Part-Time/Substitute Educational Assistants:
- On an as-needed basis, provide overall assistance in the classroom to support the teacher and/or work with an assigned student in a one-to-one relationship.
- Should have regular availability to fill in for half and/or full days as needed. This is a great opportunity to gain experience and get to know our students and program.
- Provide additional structure, supervision, and instruction to assist the teacher in achieving the goals and objectives of the student's Individual Education Program (IEP).
- Provide educational support and behavior management; document student progress; and serve as an escort to students during school or program activities.
- Bachelor's prepared Educational Assistants may be responsible for leading classroom activities in the absence of the supervising teacher.
High school diploma; bachelor's degree preferred.
Physical preparedness to effectively manage and physically restrain aggressive students. Work requires potential exposure to risk of physical injury from combative and assaultive students.
Experience working with individuals with autism who are low functioning/non-verbal and have severe behavioral and academic issues preferred.
Training in Crisis Intervention, First Aid and CPR is provided.
To learn more about this opportunity, please text 443-377-8235.
Connect with the Recruiter for this position on LinkedIn!.