Certified Medical Assistant-Outpatient Psychiatry
As a Certified Medical Assistant you will:
- Provide support services for the Psychiatric Outpatient Clinic's functions, occasionally requiring the use of independent judgment.
- Perform varied outpatient clinical duties.
- Work closely with the psychiatric provider, interact directly with patients, record vital signs, and manage large volumes of clinical information.
- HS diploma/GED and successful completion of Medical Assistant's course accredited by the American Association of Medical Assistants and at least 6-12 months of relevant medical office experience.
- Certification as a CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) at time of appointment and continually while in position.
- Problem-solving ability sufficient to effectively triage lab results and screening results, manage patient schedule, and prioritize tasks to meet clinic needs.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to interact tactfully and with sensitivity with patients, families, clinic staff and external parties, and maintain a professional manner at all times.
- Requires the ability to physically intervene in medical and behavioral emergencies; and to transport and lift patients.
- Occasional traveling to off-site campuses and locations may be required.