Sheppard Pratt at Ellicott City is an inpatient psychiatric facility in Howard County serving adults and adolescents. Prior to its affiliation with Sheppard Pratt in July 2002, the hospital operated as Taylor Manor.
As a Cook you will:
- Prepare food for patients, staff and visitors by following standard recipes
- Set up equipment, measure ingredients, set and monitor pressure/temperature gauges
- Clean and maintain work area in a neat and sanitary condition
- Work requires very frequent exposure to extreme temperatures, humidity, high noise level, an fumes, and hazardous conditions, cuts, burns, and falls, while using sharp utensils and working with high temperatures and heavy equipment
- High school/GED plus at least 6 months of experience in quality/batch cooking
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to exchange cooking information and perform other activities requiring ordinary courtesy
- Concentration and attention to detail
- Work requires almost constant standing, walking, and lifting objects under 10 lbs.