LGPC or LCPC required
LGSW or LCSW-C required
Summary: The Child, Youth and Family Mental Health Counselor supports the Creating Healthy Bonds (CHB) Program and is responsible for providing trauma informed mental health counseling to youth ages 5 to 18 and their families referred to the program. The position involves collaborative work with school counselors and other community agencies to provide individual, family and group counseling.
- Complete mental Health assessments for children and youth ages 5-18 (or school aged) as needed per case indicates.
- Provide individual, group and family counseling.
- Keep timely documentation through the agencies' electronic health system.
- Follow up on counseling referrals.
- Consult with parents, school staff, and/or medical providers regarding client progress.
- Make referrals for individuals/family treatment (for those with access to outside resources).
- Provide Crisis intervention and referral for extended services.
- Maintain a minimum caseload as required by school contract.
- Co-lead weekly psycho-educational parenting support groups at Montgomery County Correctional Facility.
- Follow all legal and ethical policies and guidelines as outlined by licensing board.
- Maintains clients' charts (to include all required clinical and administrative documentation, and data entry into the EVOLV electronic health record system).
- Submit appropriate clinical notes within 24 hours of service.
- Comply weekly staff documentation as directed by manager.
- Attends weekly supervision, staff meetings, and participates in relevant staff training.
- Completion of all Relias training, Mandt training, and other mandatory trainings.
- LGPC, LCPC, LMSW, or LCSW; must be licensed in the state of MD to provide counseling services.
- Requires transportation, excellent verbal & written communication skills and strong knowledge of family systems.
- Independent and flexible work style preferred, flexible work hours.
- Must be a team player and have a strong desire to work in a community-based setting.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org