The Bilingual In-Home Interventionist supports the Family Discovery Center (FDC) in Rockille, MD. Recruits participants and provides in-home intervention to expectant parents
and parents of young children. Provides parenting education to address the specific
developmental needs of the child and promote school readiness. Work schedule will include evening hours to accommodate participant's schedules. Reports to the Program Manager, Family Discovery Center.
- Recruits FDC program participants and meets with new families in the home to explain available services and complete enrollment paperwork. Ensures that new participants are welcomed and integrated into programs and activities.
- Provides in home parenting education addressing specific developmental needs of the child, using the Parents as Teachers (PAT) curriculum. Maintains a caseload of 15
families at a time, with the goal of serving 35 families per year.
- Assists in assessing needs using the Life Skills Progression Form and creating a Family
Activity Form with each participant to outline self-sufficiency, school readiness and family goals. Conducts children's developmental screens (ASQ and ASQ:SE) and performs immunization records check. Enters children's development progress in TS GOLD.
- Provides individual and family crisis intervention as well as individual assistance and referrals as needed.
- Maintains contact with community providers to facilitate recruitment and referrals and provides updates and follow up on referrals. May be required to testify in court.
- Attends staff meetings and regular professional trainings to enhance skills and
professional development. Coordinates participant services and reviews goals in regular case meetings with staff. Provides regular updates to the Program Manager.
- Ensures that all participant files are complete, and that confidentiality is maintained.
Submits required reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Bachelor's degree in human services or human development or HS Diploma with
experience home visiting, counseling or advocacy for families with young children.
- Must have experience working with individuals and facilitating groups, and good
knowledge of community resources.
- Must demonstrate a commitment and ability to serve a diverse community, including
low-income families, English language learners, and families with young children.
- Must be bilingual (English-Spanish).
- Requires valid driver's license with less than 3 points and reliable transportation
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org