1 year of experience required
Summary: Responsible for performing routine building maintenance and repairs. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, etc.); Perform general work-related clean-up. Perform other tasks as assigned. Service areas include Laurel, Lanham, Fort Washington, and Hyattsville MD.
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools and determines when an electrician is required.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Hangs pictures and shelving, as needed.
- Dismantles and installs furniture.
- Transports goods or equipment as assigned.
- Basic vehicle maintenance.
- Keeps in compliance with OSHA regulations using safety equipment and procedures at all times.
- High School or trade school education plus 1 year of facilities and vehicle maintenance experience (basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical, repair work, etc.).
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, and have the ability to climb, crawl, and maneuver in confined spaces.
- Driver's license and clean driving record required.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule.
- Working knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work well with people of all levels in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet or exceed the company's attendance and punctuality standards.
Apply to email@example.com