The Forbush School at Anne Arundel is an 11-month special education, certificate program, located in Ruth Parker Eason Special Education Center, in Millersville, Maryland. We provide educational services to students ages five to 21 with autism spectrum disorder, pervasive developmental disorder, and other related disorders.
As an Educational Assistant you will:
- Provide overall assistance in the classroom to support the teacher and/or work with an assigned student in a one-to-one relationship.
- Provide additional structure, supervision, and instruction to assist the teacher in achieving the goals and objectives of the student's Individual Education Program (IEP).
- Provide educational support and behavior management; document student progress; and serve as an escort to students during school or program activities.
- Bachelor's prepared Educational Assistants may be responsible for leading classroom activities in the absence of the supervising teacher
- High school diploma; bachelor's degree preferred.
- Physical preparedness to effectively manage and physically restrain aggressive students. Work requires potential exposure to risk of physical injury from combative and assaultive students.
- Experience working with individuals with autism who are low functioning/non-verbal and have severe behavioral and academic issues preferred.