The Jefferson Residential Treatment Center (RTC) is a 53-bed licensed treatment center in rural Frederick County, Maryland, for males and females ages 12 to 21 with severe emotional and behavioral problems, who are unable to live safely in the community, and need a specialized educational environment, a therapeutic milieu, and recreational and community based activities. The average length of stay at The Jefferson RTC is 11 months, with the goal of moving the adolescent back into the community as soon as they are ready.
As a Night Shift Float Residential Counselor you will:
- Work 10:30pm-8:30am, including weekends.
- Support all programs within the RTC (adolescent male and female programs).
- Develop and maintain a therapeutic environment.
- Provide structure and supervision in support of the resident's Individualized Treatment Plan (ITP).
- Develop and reinforce resident's daily living skills.
- Supervise and participate in daily activities.
- Co-Lead therapeutic and community groups as directed and document end of shift notes for residents.
- High School diploma/GED; previous experience in a mental health setting strongly preferred.
- Must be over 21 years of age.
- All new clinical staff will begin their extended clinical orientation/training immediately following your first day of employment.
- Depending on assignment, must possess valid driver's license at time of appointment and meet SPHS requirements to operate a Health System vehicle.
- Work requires interpersonal skills sufficient to maintain a calm, supportive, and firm approach with emotionally disturbed residents; maintain patience, tact, and professional courtesy; develop and foster a positive self-image within residents.
- Work requires physical preparedness to effectively manage and physically restrain aggressive residents.