Teacher (Physical Education/Jefferson School at Finan)
Jefferson School at Finan (Autism or ED)
Monday to Friday; 7:30am to 3:30pm
As a Physical Education Teacher you will:
- Be responsible for the teaching of physical and health education classes and activities of all students.
- Demonstrate knowledge of age-specific student needs in instruction and create an appropriate learning environment in the school setting.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on students' progress and also attend and participate in meetings and work cooperatively with other members of the School staff.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 months of related teaching experience (i.e. student teaching, internships, etc.). Must have or be eligible for a conditional, standard professional or advanced certification with Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) at time of appointment. Candidates with a conditional certification must obtain standard professional or advanced certification within two to four years of starting in teaching role, as determined by MSDE evaluation of the individual's credentials. Must maintain MSDE certification requirements throughout tenure in position.
- Current certification in Physical and Health Education and experience working with children/adolescents with autism who are non-verbal, function below grade level, and exhibit severe behavioral and emotional challenges are strongly preferred.