Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Educational Director, coordinates daily activities in the Child Development Center of the "Watch Me Grow" CDC.
- Maintain confidentiality of family records and information.
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities in each lesson plan in compliance with MSDE Common Core/Healthy Beginnings standards. Plans quality child development following Creative Curriculum guidelines.
- Establish a nurturing, supportive, and stimulating relationship with children through strong communication skills and an individualized approach to each child.
- Communicate clear guidelines to center parents and volunteers.
- Keep center supplies and equipment clean, organized, and well maintained.
- Observe and evaluate children, document records.
- Serve as the primary care giver for an assigned group of children.
- Communicate observations and evaluations to parent, appropriate center staff, and Center Director.
- Work cooperatively with all parents, accept them as vital partners in the education and developmental process. Be available for personal and/or telephone conferences with parents.
- Serve as a positive role model for other staff, parents, and volunteers.
- Attend staff meetings, professional training, workshops and seminars to gain additional knowledge of available resources and skills.
- Complete 12 Core of Knowledge continuing education hours completed annually.
- Apply for credentialing through the Maryland State Department of Education within the first month of employment.
- Maintain a Maryland State Department of Education Credentialing level 4 or higher.
- Maintain First Aid and Infant/ Child CPR certification.
- Minimum of 90-hour certificate with 2 years of experience, 45 Infant/Toddler Certificate with 2 years of experience, or Early Childhood Development Certificate (CDA) credential, or an Associate of Arts Degree in Early Childhood Education, Human Development, Child Development, or a related field.
- Experience working with a zero to five population.
- A nurturing, patient, mature, organized, calm manner. Ability to communicate well with parents, community, professionals, and deal with a variety of personalities and situations with children, staff and parents.
- Sensitivity to parent issues and ability to build a partnership for their child's care.
- A working knowledge of developmental curriculum and a problem-solving approach.
- Meet qualifications for approval by the Maryland State Department of Education under COMAR 13A.09.09. Ability to lift 40 lbs.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org