The Jefferson School is looking for a HS Math Teacher! The Jefferson School is a year round day school and residential school, located 15 minutes from Frederick, Maryland, serving students ages 12 to 21 with severe emotional and behavioral disabilities who need a specialized educational environment, complete with a therapeutic milieu and recreational and community based activities.
As a HS Math Teacher you will:
- Develop and implement lesson plans, modify instruction to meet the individual needs of students, and provide interventions per IEP's
- Draft IEP's and participate in case management
- Provide behavior management
- Monitor, evaluate and report on students' progress
- Teaching experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 months of related teaching experience (i.e. student teaching, internships, etc.)
- Current MSDE certification strongly preferred. Must have or be eligible for a conditional, standard professional or advanced certification with Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) at time of appointment. Candidates with a conditional certification must obtain standard professional or advanced certification within two to four years of starting in teaching role, as determined by MSDE evaluation of the individual's credentials. Must maintain MSDE certification requirements throughout tenure in position.