The Forbush School at Glyndon - Hannah More Campus is a year round program that provides programming for students in grades 9 through 12 with high functioning autism, emotional disabilities, or specific learning disabilities. The high school is a co-educational program designed to maximize each student's ability to obtain his or her high school diploma in a nurturing and supportive environment. We offer a traditional high school program using the Baltimore County Public Schools Curriculum. The high school completer pathways include Spanish, auto maintenance/repair, culinary arts, computer technology, and horticulture/landscaping. In addition to work-based learning opportunities in these areas, we offer training and hands-on experience in an office support setting (e.g. copying, collating, laminating projects). These programs are designed to help students transition into the community and lead successful lives as they prepare to enter college or the work force.
As an Educational Assistant you will:
- Provide overall assistance in the classroom to support the teacher and/or work with an assigned student in a one-to-one relationship
- Provide additional structure, supervision, and instruction to assist the teacher in achieving the goals and objectives of the student's Individual Education Program (IEP)
- Provide educational support and behavior management; document student progress; and serve as an escort to students during school or program activities
- Bachelor's prepared Educational Assistants may be responsible for leading classroom activities in the absence of the supervising teacher
- High school diploma; bachelor's degree preferred
- Physical preparedness to effectively manage and physically restrain aggressive students. Work requires potential exposure to risk of physical injury from combative and assaultive students
- Experience working with individuals with autism/severe behavioral and academic issues strongly preferred
To learn more about this opportunity, please text 443-377-8235.
Connect with the Recruiter for this position on LinkedIn!.