Speech-Language Pathologist (Frederick County, Type II Schools)
Forbush School at Frederick County
Full Time (benefits eligible)
As a Speech-Language Pathologist you will:
- Be responsible for providing speech and language services to the students/patients referred or identified as in need of such services.
- Screen and evaluate school students/patients for possible speech, language, and hearing deficits.
- Provide individual and group speech and language therapy.
- Communicate with students/patients based on an understanding of the developmental needs of children and adolescents.
- Work closely with treatment teams of students/patients receiving services.
- Assist in providing speech-language programs for staff development.
- Meet with parents, school representatives, and others as needed.
- Keep abreast of developments in the fields of speech pathology and special education.
- Master's degree in speech pathology from an approved college or university.
- Licensure as a speech-language pathologist by the Maryland State Department of Health and Mental Hygiene at time of appointment and continuously throughout tenure in position.
- Six to twelve months' of related experience, which includes internship/practicum experience.
- General knowledge of special education techniques and treatment of emotionally disturbed children and adolescents and ability to work within structure of organizational operations, policies, and procedures.