The Therapeutic Community Program, part of The Frost School, is a year round, non-public special education program that serves elementary, middle, and high school students with emotional and behavioral disorders and Autism spectrum disorders. The program utilizes a therapeutic community/group model where special education and counseling are integrated within the milieu. Students are taught communication, personal accountability, problem solving, social skills, and relationship building skills through the daily group counseling sessions and community meetings. Students also participate in family counseling once a week.
As an Educational Assistant you will:
- Provide overall assistance in the classroom to support the teacher and/or work with an assigned student in a one-to-one relationship.
- Provide additional structure, supervision, and instruction to assist the teacher in achieving the goals and objectives of the student's Individual Education Program (IEP).
- Provide educational support and behavior management; document student progress; and serve as an escort to students during school or program activities.
- Bachelor's prepared Educational Assistants may be responsible for leading classroom activities in the absence of the supervising teacher.
- High school diploma; bachelor's degree preferred.
- Physical preparedness to effectively manage and physically restrain aggressive students. Work requires potential exposure to risk of physical injury from combative and assaultive students.
- Experience working with individuals with autism who are low functioning/non-verbal and have severe behavioral and academic issues preferred.
To learn more about this opportunity, please text 443-377-8235.
Connect with the Recruiter for this position on LinkedIn!.