The Oakmont Primary Program, part of The Frost School, is a year round program that serves students age five-15 with autism spectrum disorder and other related disorders. Students are taught in highly structured, self-contained classrooms utilizing a variety of strategies including: discrete trial, direct instruction, play based instruction, motor skill development, sensory integration strategies, natural aided language stimulation, community based instruction, and positive behavioral support.
As an Educational Assistant you will:
- Provide overall assistance in the classroom to support the teacher and/or work with an assigned student in a one-to-one relationship.
- Provide additional structure, supervision, and instruction to assist the teacher in achieving the goals and objectives of the student's Individual Education Program (IEP).
- Provide educational support and behavior management; document student progress; and serve as an escort to students during school or program activities.
- Bachelor's prepared Educational Assistants may be responsible for leading classroom activities in the absence of the supervising teacher.
- High school diploma; bachelor's degree preferred.
- Physical preparedness to effectively manage and physically restrain aggressive students. Work requires potential exposure to risk of physical injury from combative and assaultive students.
- Experience working with individuals with autism who are low functioning/non-verbal and have severe behavioral and academic issues preferred.
To learn more about this opportunity, please text 443-377-8235.
Connect with the Recruiter for this position on LinkedIn!.