The Forbush School at Prince George's County is a year round program that provides educational services to students on the certificate track, ages five to 21, with autism spectrum disorder and other related disorders.
As a School Behavior Specialist you:
- Are responsible for the timely completion of functional behavioral assessments and behavioral intervention plans on all children in the program.
- Prepare Positive Behavior Support and Management Plans, train staff in their administration, and reassess and revise plans as needed.
- Supervise Assistant Behavior Specialist(s) and/or Resource Specialist(s) assigned to program.
- Work with education and treatment team; serve as a resource to teachers, staff, and family regarding behavior support and management.
- Depending on credentials and licensure, may work independently or under appropriate supervision by a licensed professional.
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, special education, education, or closely related field of study.
- Two to three years' behavior assessment and management experience with children and persons with autism and experience with computer software, including Microsoft Excel and data collection and analysis.