1 year of experience required
Summary: Seeking a Bi-Lingual Client Case Coordinator to provide case management, in a trauma informed care environment, including safety planning, information on legal options, referrals to community resources and coordination with Montgomery County's DHHS Housing and Crisis Services. Work schedule will include two evenings a week.
- Welcomes new residents to the Betty Ann Krahnke (BAK) Center and assists with needs assessment, development of a client plan of action, safety planning and review of BAK guidelines.
- Works collaboratively with survivors and the clinical team, helps develop a plan of action that includes safety planning, legal options, financial remedies, housing options, mental health and other individual goals as directed by the client's needs.
- Meets with survivors on a regular basis (minimum twice a week) to facilitate plan of action. In conjunction with Clinical Therapists, ensures that survivors develop life skills as identified in their service plan.
- Accompanies clients to meetings and appointments as needed. Assists in development of discharge options and plans.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of benefits and community resources and attends meetings in the community about housing, benefits, etc.
- Plans and coordinates group adult activities which promote healing through the use of visual arts, poetry reading, dance, music, physical exercise, games and cooking.
- Assists survivors in the development of new life skills such as budgeting, time management, parenting strategies, and problem solving.
- Attends weekly case consultation meetings, individual supervision and required trainings in both Domestic Violence and Trauma Informed Care.
- Ensures that clinical notes and monthly statistics are complete, timely and accurate. Maintains strict confidentiality of survivor records and information.
- Must be fluent in Spanish both verbal and writing.
- Bachelor's degree in social work, counseling, psychology or closely related field with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in program area.
- Must have valid driver's license with less than 3 points.