As a PRN Float Nurse (RN), you will:
· Be responsible for providing additional and/or relief coverage as indicated by staff shortage or patient status in varying patient care areas.
· Perform a full range of professional nursing services, including assessing, administering, and evaluating patient care, in accordance with team treatment plan.
· Administer medical treatment as prescribed by physician and is responsible for teaching and providing psychosocial support to patients.
· Provide day-to-day clinical direction to Mental Health Workers.
· Document and reports patient progress to treatment team.
· Knowledge of nursing theory, principles, and practices and basic computer usage skills - acquired through graduation from an accredited program of nursing.
· Possession of a current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland at the time of appointment and continuously while in position. Maintains professional knowledge and skills through attendance at professional meetings, workshops, courses, and in-service educational sessions.
· Comprehensive knowledge of nursing - acquired through at least one year of inpatient RN experience; prior LPN inpatient experience will be considered with every one year of LPN experience equating to 6 months' RN experience. Experience in psychiatric nursing is preferred.
· Analytical ability and sound nursing knowledge for the effective formulation of nursing care plans, implementation of care, and appropriate documentation of pertinent information regarding patient condition. Individual must be able to identify the need for assistance/supervision and seek out appropriate resources.