Responsible for a variety of design and space planning activities for Sheppard Pratt, including: maintenance of the Sheppard Pratt's directory of CAD drawings, updates to the space management system (ATG), selection and ordering of furniture, and recommendations for space planning as requested by program leaders. Oversees the interior design phase of minor construction/renovation projects and implements the selection, purchase and installation of finishes and furnishings essential to the completion of projects. Prepares the Annual Space Report.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
1. Work requires knowledge of drafting techniques and interior design, products and materials, furnishings and equipment, as well as the theories, principles, and applications of these to the development of cohesive, attractive, and functional interiors - acquired through a bachelor's degree in Interior Design or related field.
2. Work requires at least 3 years' space planning and design experience, preferably in a large office or health care setting, in order to demonstrate:
· Successful completion of all phases of projects: estimates, specifications, drawings and contracts, and coordination of the design and installation with architects, contractors, and clients.
· Knowledge of AutoCAD, FMSystems and general computer literacy sufficient to create drawing files, spreadsheets and reports.
3. Work requires interpersonal skills sufficient to effectively communicate with Health System staff and management, establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, contracts, architects, engineers, and other consultants in order to met project objectives (51-80% of work time).
4. Work requires problem-solving skills necessary for planning and coordinating construction projects and moves and to implement the work in a planned, organized, cost effective manner.
5. Work on the computer-aided drafting system and files requires concentration and attention to detail, and meeting deadlines for projects frequently (up to 50% of work time) produces mental/visual fatigue.
Connect with the Recruiter for this position on LinkedIn!.