Sheppard Pratt is launching a new outpatient autism program designed to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment services for children and adults. The goal of this program is to increase access to comprehensive, research-based services for children with autism to ensure that they are able to thrive at every step of their journey, to and through adulthood. This program will be located at Sheppard Pratt's flagship campus in Towson, Maryland.
Sheppard Pratt is seeking a psychiatric nurse practitioner with passion and experience for assessing and treating patients with autism. The nurse practitioner will be part of a multidisciplinary team and will evaluate individuals throughout the lifespan, including children as young as two years of age, for autism. This will involve learning to perform the ADOS and ADI-R and other evaluations related to the diagnosis of autism. They will also evaluate adults and children for the presence of comorbid psychiatric conditions in the context of autism or other developmental disorders and provide ongoing treatment for those conditions.
· Experience assessing and treating adults and children with autism
· Must possess a current license to practice in Maryland at the time of appointment
Why Sheppard Pratt?
- Generous compensation package with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance; an extensive wellness program; and ample leave
- A network of the brightest minds in psychiatry
- Grand rounds, CME opportunities, on-site lectures
- State-of-the-art research and technology
- Opportunities for cross-discipline collaboration
About Sheppard Pratt
As the nation's largest private, nonprofit provider of mental health, substance use, special education, and social services, we offer fulfilling careers in diverse settings for psychiatrists, psychologists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, and social workers. Consistently ranked one of the top psychiatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, we offer a generous compensation package and comprehensive benefits. To learn more, visit sheppardpratt.org. EOE and smoke-free campus.
For more information about this role, please contact Kathleen Hilzendeger, Director of Professional Services, at 410.938.3460 or firstname.lastname@example.org.