This schedule is primarily M-F business hours but must be flexible to adjust schedule to meet client needs including evening or weekend hours.
Summary: This is a direct service position requiring general knowledge of serious mental illness and specific knowledge and skill in rehabilitation and treatment for persons with disabilities.This position involves the provision of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) services, including resource management, under the supervision of the ACT Program Manager and clinical staff. Performs individual assessment, planning and implementation in both structured and unstructured settings to assigned clients. Candidate must work well as part of a small team and be willing to go out into the community to provide services.
- Ability to work with others as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to foster the development of and coordinate the activities of clients served.
- Ability to communicate Way Station, Inc.'s (WSI) mission to the community through frequent interactions with neighbors, landlords, business people, and other providers.
- Ability to assess residential environments for health, safety, security, organization and home-like atmosphere.
- Ability to establish and maintain empowering, trust relationships with clients.
- Ability to maintain appropriate relationship boundaries and to take corrective action when needed.
- Ability to feel comfortable and confident in off-site situations including client's homes.
- Willingness and ability to examine one's own behavior, feelings and attitudes to facilitate a productive relationship with clients, providers, administrators and citizens throughout the Frederick County.
- Ability to teach specific basic living skills and facilitate community integration.
- Possession of a bachelor's degree in related field.
- Two years of relevant work, student or volunteer experience.
- Valid full driver's license and safe driving record. Driver's license cannot be provisional status.
- Possession or use of a car to be used to transport clients and a copy of a valid certificate of automobile insurance.
- Must be covered under an active auto insurance policy and a valid copy of auto insurance is required prior to hire.
- Skilled in time management and organization of job activities.
- Knowledge of entitlements and how to access resources in the community.
- Knowledge of psychiatric rehabilitation, ACT EBP concepts and other EBP practices relevant to clients served.
- Skilled in word processing and ability to learn computer skills.
- Effectively communicates both verbally and in writing.