The Fenton Unit is an 18-bed unit on our Ellicott City campus, in Howard County, that serves adults 18 and older with a wide variety of psychiatric diagnoses, including mood disorders, anxiety disorders, and psychotic disorders. The inpatient treatment focus is on crisis stabilization and medication management by a psychiatrist, with an average length of stay of between five and 10 days.
As a Charge Nurse you will:
- Perform a full range of professional psychiatric nursing services, including assessing, planning, administering, and evaluating patient care in accordance with team treatment plan.
- Administer medical treatment as prescribed by physician.
- Teach and provide psychosocial support to patients and their families.
- Provide day-to-day clinical direction to assigned Mental Health Workers or other paraprofessional staff.
- Document and report patient progress to treatment team.
- Must have current RN license in the State of Maryland or a compact state and at least 3 months of nursing experience (preferably in a psychiatric/mental health setting).
Connect with the Recruiter for this position on LinkedIn!.