1 year of experience required
Exciting new addictions program opening to serve individuals with co-occurring substance and mental health concerns. Utilizing best practices, this program will implement multiple methodologies of treatment and will assist clients to be successful in their treatment. We are hiring hard working tenacious staff with an interest in working with this population and helping our community cope with this epidemic.
Assist with the implementation of Opioid Treatment Program (OTP) at Towson Campus. Provide support to bachelors trained addiction counselors working in (OTP). Under general supervision, provides education and counseling on chemical dependency, co-occurring disorders and relapse prevention to patients. Responsible for matching individuals with clinically indicated treatment deemed appropriate at the time of the initial assessment and ongoing assessments thereafter. Collaborates regarding treatment with addiction medicine specialist, community psychiatrist, therapist or other health care providers to provide a holistic treatment approach.
1. MA in Counseling required with LCADC credential
2. Knowledge of community resources, orientation to chemically dependent/dual diagnosis patients, planning and organizational skills sufficient to resolve placement and liaison concerns - normally acquired through six months of work-related experience.
3. Interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate effectively when providing therapy and instruction and serve in liaison role with patients, families, staff and a wide variety of professionals while performing case management and triage functions.
4. Analytical skills sufficient to counsel and assist patients in resolving problems and perform intake assessments.
5. Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when conducting assessment and therapy sessions, performing case management and triage, making treatment recommendations and providing crisis intervention services.
6. Must be able to provide clinical supervision to those new in the addiction counselor profession with skill, tact, and the ability to teach new professionals