The Center for Eating Disorders at Sheppard Pratt is one of the nation's leading programs for the treatment of children, teens, and adults with eating disorders.
As an Admissions/Outreach Coordinator you will:
- Facilitate the pre-admission process for the inpatient, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient programs.
- Triage phone calls to the CED program (i.e. screen and prioritize pre-admissions to determine appropriate level of care needed; coordinate and respond to admission and referral inquiries; maintain waiting lists)
- Provide assistance to families/patients on day of admission; may be involved in some discharge planning as needed.
- Facilitate provider relations.
- Help increase community awareness.
- Work under the direction of the Co-Director and with the treatment team to ensure the client's smooth entry into the program.
- Primarily work Monday-Friday day shift but will also lead a Monday evening support group for families/patients, on a rotating basis.
BA/BS Psychology/Counseling/Human Service or BSW with 2 years post Bachelor's experience in eating disorder/mental health.
At least two years of clinical experience that includes knowledge of mental health problems and psychosocial treatment modalities sufficient to provide clinical intake and assessment responsibility for clinical assessment and referral, marketing/referrer relations, and establishing and maintaining various data in computerized system.