As the Materials Services Assistant you will:
- Be responsible for daily Hospital receiving and distribution operations to ensure that patients and staff receive quality service in the most economical and expeditious manner.
- Receive, scan, sort incoming supplies and verify that materials received match those ordered in both type and quantity.
- Perform regular inventory checks to ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained in the storeroom.
- Work closely with Purchasing Manager and Nurse Managers to determine supply needs.
- Transport and oversee distribution of supplies to the appropriate departments within the hospital.
- Participate in the preparation, assembly and shipping of outgoing materials.
- Maintain accurate records of requisitions, packing slips and receipts to keep accounts and supplies current.
- Perform mailroom duties such as sorting mail, providing a variety of postal services.
- Keep apprised of Hospital staff changes and update the mail machine address book and mailbox information as needed.
- High school diploma/GED
- 1 year of related experience including knowledge of inventory control, materials handling techniques and standard record keeping procedures; the ability to operate a hand truck, dolly, pallet jack; ability to use calculator; and general computer experience.
- Valid Maryland driver's license with good record at time of appointment and meet Sheppard Pratt requirements to operate Sheppard Pratt vehicles throughout time in position.
Connect with the Recruiter for this position on LinkedIn!.